Navigation

Home About Me Tutorials My Art

Thursday

Tutorial : Masking

So, one of my favorite things to do (that I do not do often enough...) is mask photos and artwork.  It's kind of like cropping but gives you a nice little frame, stencil, or cropped look.  When I learned how to do it, I was shown a difficult and not so easy way of doing it.  So I thought I would show you an easy way I have found.


Note:  I am using Photoshop CS4.  Depending on the Photoshop version you own & use... this tutorial may not work or be slightly different from your options.








Play with different brushes. 
The Blacker the brush the more the photo shows through.  The cleaner the brush edges, the sharper the design. 
Play around, test, and find something that you enjoy and love. 















Play around with the Blending Options, Shadows, Patterns, Brushes, Etc.  Be creative and have fun.  The possibilities are endless and you will be able to make all kinds of neat pictures.  Masking can be done for all kinds of projects. 
Do you mask your photos?  If so, how do you go about it?
Also... I have been having a deal of a time thinking of tutorials and other Photoshop related stuff.  Is there anything Photoshop related that you would like to learn?  I'd love to make a tutorial for it.  Just leave a comment or feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts & Voices