Navigation

Home About Me Tutorials My Art

Friday

Yesterday's Paints

I meant to post this yesterday, but I was just so busy I wasn't able too.
Yesterday, I planned on painting a handful of my charms.  Well, since I was planning to paint, I asked Vincent if he wanted to paint with me.  Of course, he said yes.  So all morning, all I heard was, "Mommy, I want to paint."  Well, after lunch I broke out my box of acrylics and grabbed my charms.  Since I knew Vincent was going to paint, I set out a plastic grocery bag (I couldn't find newspaper), and put him a fresh canvas down on the table.  He was excited.   I grabbed an old paint tray and squeezed some colors into each little circular cup, just for him.  Gave him a paintbrush and let him go.  He was thrilled.  That kept him occupied for, about.... 25 minutes. 

Vincent's Painting

He had fun though.  I am sure he would have sat there and painted awhile longer, but Brandon had caught his attention so he scurried off to do something else.  I was so proud of him, he didn't even get a drop of paint on himself or on his clothes.  I was impressed.  I had fully intended on having to clean him up afterwords, but there was no need.  My only regret, was not having my camera handy and taking pictures of him as he stroked each color across his little canvas.  I love taking pictures, but I am very forgetful and generally don't think about my camera until it is too late.

I did manage to get a couple of my charms painted.  I still need to add a few details here and there, but they are almost complete.  I will be sure to upload a picture of two after I complete them.  I have a couple of more penguins and owls, and I made a cute little mushroom charm.  I began painting it an orange color, but I wish I had opted for a fun purple instead.  Oh well, it was so fun to make, that I am sure I'll make some more.

Also, I had bought some silver ring posts, so I could make a ring or two... but for the life of me I can not find them.  They were bought right before my trip to Indiana, so I am crossing my fingers that Brandon hadn't come across the bag and threw them out by accident.  Surely I have just misplaced them.  There are so many places I keep various art and craft supplies, who knows where they could be.  I really, really, really need to get organized and have a designated area just for my art stuff.  A work room would be amazing, but for now I have to make due with what I have.  Have any tips on organizing art/craft supplies, while working with very little space and places to put things?  If so, please let me know.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts & Voices