Navigation

Home About Me Tutorials My Art

Wednesday

Dandelion WIP

As we all probably know, a lot of people woke up to snow and ice due to last nights winter storm... and since it was groundhog day, I am sure several people were eager to see how many more weeks of winter we would be facing.  Even though I am in Alabama, I am sick of being cold. 
According to the groundhog, we're going to be facing an early spring.  And, with that I was inspired to paint something related to spring/summer.

Here is the picture I am currently working on:


I just began painting it, and I believe I am going to fall in love with this picture before it's over.  I have never painted Dandelions before, and I never realized how much I enjoy looking at them.
I sketched it in Photoshop and played with the background a bit.
Painting is being done in Corel Painter.
Well, there you have it, my work in progress.  Hope you all had a Happy Groundhog Day!

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, we use the word WIP at work all the time, I thought we were the only ones. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, we do them for news stories...for ones that editors need to look at, they're titled WIP. If they're ready for broadcast, we change the name to something else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is great! Definitely makes sense to use it. While I am still working on a picture, I always use WIP in my save titles, otherwise... I forget they need to be finished and/or get lost in all my other files.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts & Voices